Monday, January 24, 2011

Ribbon Topiary

I made this as a centerpiece for Emma Kate's birthday. When I spin it around in front of her she giggles so I think she likes it :) I'm not going to lie, it is time consuming but anyone can do it! I should have taken pictures as I did it step by step but I didn't think about it. Basically I just took a variety of ribbon cut into 4.5 inch pieces, made the ribbon into loops, and pinned them to a styrofoam ball. After the ball was covered, I took a wooden dowel and wrapped it with ribbon. I secured the ribbon using hot glue where the ribbon started at the top of the dowel and where it ended at the bottom. Next, I poked the dowel into the bottom of the ball. Then I filled my pot with moss and stuck the dowel down into it. Ok it wasn't that easy. I did have to put some clay in the bottom of the pot to help the topiary stand up straight b/c it actually has some weight to it! Last, I tied a ribbon around my pot and there you have it! See, that wasn't hard! Let me know if you make one! I'd love to see pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment